With Halloween quickly approaching, I wanted to make a dessert to celebrate the holiday. I found tons of recipes for witch fingers, spider cupcakes and eyeball cookies, but I decided on a not-so gruesome theme. I thought these little peanut butter flavored cookies, dipped in white chocolate and covered with orange sprinkles were just the thing. Besides they are delicious and look too cute for words when placed on a nice serving dish.
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 package Mother’s peanut butter gauchos cookies, finely crushed
- 1 package (4oz) Ghirardelli baking white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup orange colored sugar sprinkles
- 5 pretzel sticks, each broken into 3 pieces
1. Place cookies into zip-lock baggie. Crush with potato masher, until finely crushed.
2. Place crushed cookies and softened cream cheese in bowl and mix well.
3. Place piece of parchment paper on cookie sheet. Roll cookie mixture into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
4. Place white chocolate in small microwave safe bowl. Cook until melted, approximately 90 seconds.
5. Roll each cookie ball in the melted white chocolate. Poke cookie ball with toothpick once coated and sprinkle all sides of cookie with orange sprinkles. Place on cookie sheet and put 1 pretzel piece into the top of each cookie, for the stem.
6. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to firm, before removing from cookie sheet.
7. Once chilled place in airtight container and keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Adapted from: Kraft