I decided to make this recipe for a baby shower I was attending and the momma-to-be was a vegetarian. I served it with tortilla chips and it was a hit. Full of delicious flavors and colors, with a salt and lime kick. Also, feel free to increase the seasonings, if your a big fan of lime flavor, add more lime or if you like a bit more dressing, increase the Italian dressing. Get creative on this one, it would be hard to go wrong.
Also, with Cinco de Mayo coming up this weekend it could be a perfect dish for the Mexican themed festivities. Use it for an appetizer, as a filling for burritos, a side dish for a chicken meal or simply eat it with a spoon. Either way it will be delicious.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- juice of 1 small lime
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine, peppers, onion, corn, garlic and cilantro. Add Italian dressing, vinegar and lime juice, mix well. Salt and pepper to taste and serve with tortilla chips. For best flavor, place prepared salad in airtight container and place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours before eating.