With all the rage of Greek yogurt right now, it’s no wonder I came a across a muffin recipe including this delicious stuff. This recipe makes enough for just one muffin, so there’s no risk of having a dozen muffins sitting around tempting you to eat, “just one more.” Another perk of this recipe, using chia seeds adds healthy Omega-3 oils and being that they are a complete protein, when added to the nutritional benefit of Greek yogurt, you have a low fat, high protein muffin. Awesome! It is finally okay to eat muffins again. You should know this is a dense protein rich muffin and is filling enough to use as a meal. I actually had this muffin with a banana for breakfast and felt satisfied for hours. Try it out, get creative using different types of Greek yogurt and make your own special muffin.
Yield: 1 muffin
- 4 Tbsp Chobani Blueberry nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of stevia
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl. Stir until thoroughly mixed. (Batter will be very thick).
- Place cupcake liner into muffin pan. Pour batter into cupcake liner.
- Place tin into preheated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick poked into center of muffin comes out clean.
- Allow muffin to cool for 5 minutes. Eat warm out of the oven or save for later
Adapted from: RFFMBT