Simple ingredients equal delicious results in this recipe. Pasta, fresh basil, garlic and olive oil sound so simple, but together they are heaven. This is a great dish to make ahead of time for a BBQ, pot-luck or even a super bowl party. All I can say is GO BRONCOS!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed they stay in this thing. Every game is such a nail biter, don’t fail me now. I’m even wearing my orange shirt and I hate orange. It’s all for the sake of football.
- 16oz rotini pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 36 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 16 oz block mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/4 cup creamy balsamic dressing, I used Newmans Own
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked al dente, place in colander drain all water and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
2. In large mixing bowl toss pasta, olive oil, salt, garlic, tomatoes, basil and cheese. Toss until evenly coated on all pasta.
3. Finally, drizzle creamy balsamic dressing onto pasta and mix thoroughly. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cover and store in fridge until ready to serve.
* side note: if it chills for a length of time, you may want to add a bit more dressing or olive oil. The pasta tends to soak it up a bit.
Adapted from: chef-in-training