I have to admit I have never been one to jump on the smoothie or juice bandwagon. I have always have been a girl who would rather eat my calories than drink them. However, I was looking around the kitchen for something to eat for lunch when I decided to give the old blender a try. I tossed in blueberries which are super high in antioxidants, kale a super food, a bit of peanut butter and almond milk for protein and finally a banana for sweetness. Then I simply blended away. I have to say the easiest lunch ever, there wasn’t even any chopping to do. It was delicious. I do believe I will be making this one again. Even my husband who is not a big fan of kale was impressed.
Easy + super good for you + delicious!!!! What else do you need?
- 3/4 cup organic frozen blueberries
- 1 loose cup baby kale
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup ice
- 5-10 drops liquid vanilla stevia (or to taste)
1. Place all ingredients into blender and mix well. Feel free to add whatever type sweetener you prefer or none at all. The banana does give it a nice sweet taste, but I wanted a touch more sweetness, so I added the stevia.
***Tip: When your bananas look paste their peak of “prettyness” and have become browned and freckled. Simply peel them, cut into pieces and place in airtight container in freezer. They are perfect for smoothies in the future.