I am usually a fan of vegetables in their raw form, but this recipe for cauliflower poppers could change my mind. These could be used as a side dish or a delicious guilt-free snack, combining great texture and spice. Cauliflower is my favorite go to low-carb alternative. I use cauliflower for making healthy mashed potatoes and now these poppers could be a substitute for chips or fries at any gathering. I made this as a side dish for a football Sunday BBQ. Nothing beats a beautiful Colorado afternoon (Go Broncos!), the air filled with the smell of ribs grilling on the BBQ. As, I ate the messy ribs, licking my fingers clean, the cauliflower was a perfect fit. This meal needed no spoons or forks, it was a full on finger food extravaganza.
- 1 medium sized head uncooked cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Wash cauliflower and cut florets into bite-sized pieces. Place in medium sized bowl.
3. Place cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and black pepper in small bowl. Mix well.
4. Sprinkle spice mix onto cauliflower. Toss well to coat.
5. Spread cauliflower onto prepared cookie sheet in single layer.
6. Bake cauliflower for 10-12 minutes, or until desired tenderness is reached. Stir mixture halfway through cooking time.