No, this isn’t a breakfast with Dr. Seuss. It is a super easy delicious breakfast treat. I made this for our neighbors one morning and it was a hit. With the spice of the pesto it makes this much more interesting than your typical eggs and toast. Plus, it looks so cute on the plate. You could even change up the pesto to try different flavors, such as sun dried tomato. Go ahead and get creative for breakfast, Dr. Seuss did.
- 4 slices of lean turkey bacon
- 4 slices of french bread or 2 English muffins
- 4 eggs
- 1 jar pesto
1. Cook bacon in skillet until crispy brown. Place aside on plate with paper towel to soak up any remaining grease.
2. Cook eggs according to your own preference in a skillet. I made my eggs over-medium in these pictures. But you could easily do scrambled or over-easy.
3. While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread. When finished toasting, place two pieces of toast onto each serving plate, spread a thin amount of pesto onto each slice of bread. Next place one piece of bacon and then top with one egg.