If you’re attempts at making hard boiled eggs have resulted in cracked shells, undercooked eggs or that horrible green-grey yolk effect, well here is a simple tip for you. With these simple steps, you’ll make the perfect hard-boiled egg every time.
What you will need:
- desired number of eggs
- saucepan with lid
- cold water
1. Place eggs in saucepan filled with cold water
- Place eggs in a single layer in saucepan. Water should cover tops of eggs by 1-2 inches of water.
2. Boil Water
- Bring water to a full boil. Once boiling, place lid on saucepan and remove from
burner. Allow saucepan to stand, covered for 12 minutes. ***make sure to set timer
3. Place Eggs in Cold Water
- Drain saucepan and place eggs in bowl filled with cold water. This helps stop the
cooking process. Allow to sit at least 10 minutes in cold water.
4. Crack and Peel Cooked Eggs
- Tap each egg a few times to crack shell. Then gently roll each egg on a hard work
surface to loosen shell. Peel each egg slowly, dunking in bowl of water to help
remove tiny bits of shell.