I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year. I found myself surrounded by wonderful friends, eating delicious food and drinking amazing wine. I watched the fireworks show downtown and it felt perfect. However, with the new year comes all those new years resolutions. I have never been a big believer in waiting for the perfect date to make a healthy change. However, I do know that there are a lot of you out there. The reason I know this is because every January 2nd, the gym looks like it the most happening place on earth. Not that having healthy goals to bring in the new year is bad, it’s just that come February 15th, the day after everyone has overindulged for their Valentines day dinner, the gym seems to become a ghost town. This is the way it remains until the next January when the cycle begins again. Well, cheers to all those venturing into the gym for the first time this year. I will see you until February and then we will meet again in 2015.
So hear is a healthy recipe for all those new years resolutions for weight loss and getting healthy. A good source of protein, healthy fats and delicious taste. Go ahead enjoy. You won’t need to feel guilty about this one. Happy 2014!!!
• 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
• 1/2 cup shelled, cooked edamame
• 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 large egg, fried
• 1 teaspoons olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
• hot sauce if desired
- In a medium bowl mix together the quinoa, edamame and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Spray a small frying pain with nonstick cooking spray. Cook egg until whites are set, but yolk is still a bit runny. The yoke will make a nice sauce for the quinoa.
- Place quinoa mixture in bowl, sprinkle Parmesan over quinoa and top with hot fried egg. Serve with sliced avocado. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Adapted from: thesepeasarehollow