2 sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
1 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup mayonnaise ( I use Nayonaise, it’s a low fat vegetarian version. A bit healthier)
1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1. Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Cut potatoes into medium sized fries. Not shoestring and not steak fries, somewhere in between.
2. Place sweet potatoes in bowl of water and allow to soak for 1 1/2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 425°
4. Put a tablespoon of cornstarch into medium sized ziplock bag. Put half of sweet potato fries into ziplock back and close (leave some air in bag, allowing for fries to freely be tossed around).
5. Shake fries until lightly coated w/cornstarch. Place coated fries onto nonstick cookie sheet.
6. Repeat process until all fries are coated and placed on cookie sheet.
7. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over fries, using hands toss fries to make sure all are coated with oil.
* you can use more oil, depending on how healthy you would like them to be. The more oil you use the more crisp they will get. But using 2 tablespoons, I was able to get them pretty darn crispy.
8. Arrange fries on cookie sheet, making sure there is space between each fry. If the fries are too close, they tend to steam instead of getting crispy.
9. Place into preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
10. While fries are cooking, make the dipping sauce. Mix mayonaise, Sriracha and cayenne pepper together in small bowl. You can adjust the amount of Srirach and/or cayenne pepper depending on how spicy you want it.
11. After 15 minutes, check fries and flip over. Cook another 5-10 minutes, watch closely so they don’t burn.