- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro if desired.
- Cayenne pepper if desired
1. Place quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water for 1 minutes.
2. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
3. In another pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Toss in garlic, zucchini, yellow squash and onions. Saute veggies over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes until desired level of tenderness reached. Then toss in garbanzo beans, tomatoes and lime juice. Cook for 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
4. Season with cumin, salt and pepper. Fluff quinoa with fork and add to pan with vegetables. Mix well.
5. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired and/or a little cayenne pepper to spice things up a bit.