I decided to make these when I signed up for a cookie exchange at work. I wanted something different than your everyday chocolate chip and I thought the cranberries and white chocolate seemed so Christmas. They ended up being such pretty little cookies and they tasted delicious. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. A time to enjoy family and friends, give thanks and eat good food. So, go ahead put on your elastic band sweat pants and savor every bite.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 °.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until combined. Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda in separate bowl, mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture into sugar mixture. Stir well.
- Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet. Space cookies evenly to fit 12 cookies per sheet.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
Adapted from: taste of home