These are a great way to satisfy a craving for pizza with a low carb twist. Use them as an appetizer, healthy snack or main dish with a side salad. You can easily change up the toppings to make them your own. Try adding fresh basil, pepperoni, olives or mushrooms. Go ahead and eat some pizza while leaving the guilt at the door.
- 1 large zucchini sliced on a diagonal (1/4″thick)
- spray olive oil (I used a Misto)
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup skim shredded motzzarella cheese
- parmesean cheese for topping
1. Cut zucchini about 1/4 inch thick on a diagonal. Place on cookie sheet.
2. Spray zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle each piece with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Flip zucchini pieces over and repeat process.
3. Broil zucchini for about 4 minutes, flipping over half way through.
4. Top each piece with 1 teaspoon marinara sauce and cheese. Broil for 1 more minute.
5. Sprinkle with parmesean cheese and enjoy.