Water is one of our most precious natural resources. With summers getting warmer and drier, it’s important to do our part to conserve water. Not only will these tips reduce your water consumption, but they will also reduce your energy use and save your household money.
- Turn the water off while brushing your teeth.
- Only run the dishwasher when it is full.
- Fill a bowl with water to wash vegetables, rather than letting the water run.
- If you hear the toilet running or a faucet leaking, repair it quickly.
- Only run the washing machine with full loads.
- Turn off the water while shaving.
- Xeriscape your yard with drought resistant trees and plants.